Do the opposite
I have good and bad days, just like everyone else.
In those days when I'm a bit down, I follow certain predictable patterns that contribute to perpetuate this state:
- Skip morning meditation.
- Skip workout.
- Eat more (and more mindlessly).
- Consume more junk information (YouTube!, Netflix, etc.)
- Go to bed late (without a good reason for doing it).
- Multi-task more heavily.
- Become more obsessed with meaningless things.
- Take things more personally (I've never been capable of not taking things personally completely, but at least I do a constant effort to keep this in check).
- Spend less time outside (nowadays, outside basically means the garden).
- ( ... )
Then, when I'm aware of this, I just do the opposite.